Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wow, Fellas. This is Where I Live...and This is Where.....

I'm just gonna throw these pictures up here for your enjoyment and to help convince myself that I made the right decision by coming to Oxford and not going somewhere else. As an avid fan of C.S. Lewis, like so many of my brothers, these maps should prove some good points.

This first one is a map. The red dot is where I live. The green dot is where C.S. Lewis lived. Hmmmm... 1.3 miles



This one is a map. The green dot is where I live. The red dot is where Mrs. Moore, Jack's friend that he would visit frequently as a young man (as noted in All My Years Before Me) lived. 0.8 miles I actually walked past it twice today on my way to work and didn't even know it.



Dang fellas. I've got my first two days off tomorrow. I'll definitely be walking around Headington, the home of C.S. Lewis.

C.M.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Nice! One month from today will be the 44th anniversary of His repose - may his memory be eternal! I wonder if anyone in Oxford has a C.S. Lewis night with deep fried Turkey?

Caleb said...

AAAAAAHHH!! DEEP FRIED TURKEY!!!! I'll fry my own for him!

Joshua said...

even better - a pint at the Eagle and Child. Mmmmmmm, pint. I bet there are people still alive and living in Oxford who knew Lewis. That would be an awesome conversation to have... "So you knew Jack. What was he like?"