Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The First Weary Wednesday

It is a slightly cloudy afternoon in the city of Indianapolis, sometimes referred to as Naptown by its inhabitants. This is one reason for the title Weary Wednesdays, mainly because these are my days off from work. During these so-called "off" days, I make the hour-long drive to campus from my home in an effort to get ahead with assignments, study for exams, or perhaps read or write. These are the Weary Wednesdays. Hump day, it is sometimes called. Getting out of bed so I may saunder over, jump, or dig through the hump is my first accomplishment here. Getting to school and actually doing something productive is the next. I'll count today as productive. I mean, c'mon, I've got a blog now.

There are several reasons for this blog. One is that everybody that is cool has one. Another is that it's a great way to get some much needed thoughts out since I hate reading past thoughts on paper. I think the reason that trumps all is the fact that my elder brother, J.T., has had one for a few years, and now I see the kind of man he is. He has always been an anchor, especially in the spiritual sense, to my ebbing and flowing soul. Through many talks we've had, I always know and feel his maturity. As I would read his blog, A.A., I have been able to recognize his trials and tribulations, and realize that he was able to think them through and overcome them. Prayer is powerful. That is one aspect of life that I have learned from him. Not only because he has said it, but because I see today how prayer has affected him. So, J.T., here's to me being a version of you at the same time in your life, struggling with the same things you've struggled with, and a maybe a few more. *enter clink of wine crystal or beer mugs here*

Just a small bit about myself for those who don't know me. I'm a senior at Indiana University in Indianapolis majoring in Accounting and Finance. I want to be a financial counselor so I can help people get on track to financial security and not worry about monetary issues in their retirement. I love children. I am College Mentor for Kids, which is a group of students from campus who meet once a week with kids from a local school who are considered "at-risk," basically meaning they don't have much of a chance or aren't pushed to go to college. I am from a small town, and I love that. It is fall right now and I love that as well. Once I get out of school, this blog will have to be changed to something other than Weary Wednesdays because Wednesday's probably won't be my day to do this. I have to put a plug in for the NapTown Beer and Bible Study group that I attend because everybody that has a blog and is in this group does. So, go NTBBS! I stock beer for a living and that's great too because I get a discount on my favorite kinds. I love porters, stouts, IPA's, and a good Stroh's.

Now you know me. The next blogs definitely won't be as long.

No comments: