Monday, October 09, 2006

Random non-Wednesday Thoughts

Today's thoughts are a compilation and a review of thoughts passed during the past several days. First of all, I realized directly after my first post, that I felt a lot better. Last Wednesday started out gloomy and slightly somber, however, after I posted those introductory thoughts, I felt good. A little lighter, I think. So now I know that this is working. Anyway, to the past few days.
Thursday night: I had a meeting at work and I felt super special because I sat in on little meetings with different breweries going over monthly numbers and plans for the holidays this year. That was nice. It gave me a boost to do well at work. Yeah, that boost is over with now, by the way.
Friday night: Men's Group. A good one, kind of quick, but good. It's interesting to think about death sometimes. The Gospel was about a young man who had died and was being carried to his tomb when Christ stopped the procession to raise him from the dead. What was it like to come back from being dead for a few days? Lazarus had been dead for three days and came back to life. What is that like? What is Heaven? Is it Heaven we go to, or to some waiting place? I know the Orthodox Church doesn't believe in purgatory, but do we believe in a direct entrance to Heaven, or is Hades just some waiting room that we sit in until the Second Coming? But then again, we are leaving time and space, like J.A. states a lot, so do we even realize there is a waiting period? Something to study for sure.
Saturday night: Date with a 26-year old teacher. Awesome food and GREAT beers, but defintely didn't hit it off. She was nice, but not really my type, and not as nuts as I like first dates to be.
Sunday: Liturgy (and I made it for the Antiphons, yes!!!), then home for a nap. That was a great nap, and I love my Sunday naps, although they can be too long sometimes. I just hate waking up. That's anytime at all, not just naps. Anyway, Sunday night led me to a family get together at Aunt S.'s. Beating J. in ping pong was definitely a long-awaited task. I was satisfied. A great talk with T. about N. and just how to help him in general. When we got home, Mom, Dad, and I had some uplifting conversation about my possible futures, N., and how to find myself. I haven't been open with Mom or Dad lately, which I regret, although sometimes I just don't know what to say. I'm not very good at expressing myself with words anymore.

To put this post to bed, I'm thinking about several different options for when I get out of school. Mom and Dad said I should try Alaska for a year, which would be awesome, so that could be a possibility. I'd have to talk with I. and A. about it and see how they like(d) it. I know it would be good for me, especially since I've had a rough past couple of years, spritually. The other options are stay here and work to pay everything off. I could see myself in Nashville working for Dave Ramsey, or maybe in California working and auditioning. That would be fun, and a good way to pursue a dream and say I've tried it. These possible futures will stay in the prayers.

No comments: