Monday, June 25, 2007

Just Keeping Up

Today seems like a perfectly fine day to post. First of all, it's a big day for the Midwest Diocese, seeing that it's the day ABJ called for as a "special fasting and prayer" day. I've got the Molieben in my car and I'm saying it when I can. However, I like it so much, it will probably become a staple in my prayers until this whole thing is over with.

I start my last class of college tonight. Looking through the book it looks as if I've already learned it, but IUPUI thinks they need to reteach it to us and of course, make us pay for more credits and $170 for the book. I'll open this book 5 times most likely, and that, apparently, is worth $170. I actually need to attend class and get a decent grade this time so I can say I finished strong.

Life is certainly changing around here. T is gone, so that's always depressing, however J seems to be picking up the slack. Thanks J! (Pan's Labryth soon?) I'm still single, however I feel more single than I've ever felt before, but that is a good thing. A very good thing. My room is clean, and staying that way. And I suppose we could try to metaphorically infuse that into other areas of life and hope for similar results. I've got 26 weeks before I leave for Scotland, although every day seems like it's farther away. I don't know what I'll do there, but until then, I've got a ton of planning to do. I looked up several movies today that have to do with Scotland and Ireland, just to keep me in the mood, and a few of them I'm looking forward to watching: Waking Ned Devine, The Wind that Shakes the Barley, and The General. Mainly because they have accents, but because of the scenery and history* as well.

Until next time, pray for ABJ and the Midwest Diocese. Having a special day for remembrance and prayer is great and wonderfuul, but daily prayers can also work miracles.

C.M.

* The historical value comes in The Wind that Shakes the Barley. It is about the Irish farmers' fight for independence from British rule in the early 20th century. After securing independence, civil war breaks out between the Irish brothers that fought together against the English.

2 comments:

Arthur said...

Can I actually comment on this yet?

Arthur said...

Sweet!

Oooh, look at me. I'm about to travel the world, but I never share my thoughts and feelings about it on my blog. Oooh, I'll probably never keep up with people about what types of Guiness I drink either. oooh.