Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Good Wednesday

It's a good day. England has been warm lately, so warm in fact that I've been able to lay down and look at the sky. I was reading through some of Art's old Shadows and read one about how he never takes time to lay down and look at the sky. I took his advice and did that yesterday. It's not as fun without clouds, but still to have your eyes saturated with blue is always a good salve after weeks of gray. Today is the same way, although, it's Wednesday and even though it's only 1pm, it's been a good day. I'm getting along with the boss (for the most part), which has become rare since my patience level is now nil. I did a manly thing and took apart the shredder that's been driving me CRAZY and got out the paper that's been blocking it. This thing shreds like five pieces of paper at once now when it was having trouble with one. My shift will be over in two hours and I can go have a pint and walk in the fields some more today. Overall, it's just a good day, it seems to me. I ordered a movie I've wanted to see since early this summer and I HAVEN'T been able to rent it, buy it, download it, anything. So I finally found it on Amazon.co.uk and bought it for £5. It should be here before the weekend so this weekend will then be deemed "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" Weekend. I'll celebrate by trying and failing to buy some barley wine, and maybe I'll make myself a shake. Ok, that's a dumb weekend, but I won't have too much time because I'm getting to work a lot, which is definitely needed because I've got a lot to save for. 2008 is pretty cool so far.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got some barley wine left...if that's what you're into?

Jonathan said...

Him and you, you and him, drinking that wine with two dudes with food....

Jonathan said...

spoiled peaches...

Unknown said...

I've got some barley wine left...if that's what you're into?