Thursday, October 12, 2006

Post-Wednesday

Ok, so today's not Wednesday, but I was tired last night. So tonight's thoughts reflect last night's thoughts, I think. Billings, Montana. That is the subject. There is an OCA parish there, St. Nicholas, and it looks like a pretty cool place. For those who don't know where Billings is, it's in the south-central part of Montana. Billings is the Magic City, named because it "grew like magic." It also called the Big Sky City because the sky seems huge there, apparently. I would love to lay out in Montana on a clear night. So maybe that will be in the works soon. Probably not, but at least I can fantasize about it for a while. I think it's a pretty expensive place, so maybe I can find a small near Billings that I can live in, however, Montana State University is in Billings as well, so maybe the city is a little more affordable than rent.com leads it to be.

I'm procrastinating studying for my Environmental Geology midterm tomorrow. Yeah, Environmental Geology. Fun class, let me tell you. Right up there with Indiana Geology and Advanced Corporate Tax. This is my life this semester. Working easy shifts then going to school. It's not bad, but I just want it to be over. I want it to be over so I can move somewhere for awhile. I was thinking last night that I know I'll end up back in good ol' Crawfordsville or Indinanapolis to raise my kids, God willing. If I'm not supposed to have kids, I'd still like to end up back here because my home and friends are here. I won't say my family because I have the feeling that most of us will end up out of Indiana for a good deal of our lives. It would be great to raise our kids the way we were raised; spending every Sunday afternoon at Mom and Dad's playing tip-in while the kids play Sega and ping-pong downstairs. That would be nice though.

Time to study now. Goodbye.

No comments: